Dean's blog. It's a random smorgish board of things and thats the best definition I can think of. Feel free to ask whatever you like.
-high pitch screaming-
probably my favorite part of elephants is the fact that you’re literally seeing one of few species that not only is probably on par with human sentience/intelligence, but also ages, matures and has proven itself to have a fairly similar growing up process as humans.
So like, we see this largeish gamboling elephant baby, but you’re basically looking at a giant toddler.
the babies!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!
Fun Story: My director kept telling me and my tenor sax buddy to play softer. No matter what we did, it wasn’t soft enough for him. So getting frustrated, I told my buddy “Dont play this time. Just fake it”
Our Band Director then informed us we sounded perfect.
To my readers: “p” means quiet, “pp” means really quiet. I’ve never seen “pppp” before haha.
On the contrast, “f” means loud, and “ffff” probably means so loud you go unconscious.
I had ffff in a piece once and my conductor told me to play as loudly as physically possible without falling off my chair…
Me and my trombone buddies had “ffff” and he sat next to me and played so hard that he fell out of his chair.
The lengths we go for music.
Okay yeah so I play the bass clarinet and the amount of air you have to move and the stiffness of the reed means it only has two settings and that is loud and louder, with an optional LOUDEST that includes a 50% probability of HORRIBLE CROAKING NOISE which is the bass equivalent of the ubiquitous clarinet shriek.
One day, when I was in concert band in high school, we got a new piece handed out for the first time, and there was a strange little commotion back in the tuba section — whispering, and pointing at something in the music, and swatting at each other’s hands all shhh don’t call attention to it. And although they did attract the attention of basically everyone else in the band, they managed to avoid being noticed by the band director, who gave us a few minutes to look over our parts and then said, “All right, let’s run through it up to section A.”
And here we are, cheerfully playing along, sounding reasonably competent — but everyone, when they have the attention to spare, is keeping an eye on the tuba players. They don’t come in for the first eight measures or so, and then when they do come in, what we see is:
[reeeeeeally deep breath]
[COLOSSAL FOGHORN NOISE]
The entire band stops dead, in the cacophonous kind of way that a band stops when it hasn’t actually been cued to stop. The band director doesn’t even say anything, just looks straight back at the tubas and makes a helpless sort of why gesture.
In unison, the tuba players defend themselves: “THERE WERE FOUR F’S.”
FFFF is not really a rational dynamic marking for any instrument, but for the love of all that is holy why would you put it in a tuba part.
This is the best band post
Everyone else go home
Oh man, so I play trombone, and we got this piece called Florentiner Marsch by Julius Fucik, and we saw this
which is 8 fortes. We were shocked until,
that is 24 fortes who the fuck does that
Who does that?
This guy. Take a good look - that is the moustache of a man with nothing to lose.
More like Julius Fuckit
1. Who was the last person you held hands with?
2. Are you outgoing or shy?
3. Who are you looking forward to seeing?
Morpheus, the god of sleep
4. Are you easy to get along with?
I try to be and succeed most of the time.
5. If you were drunk would the person you like take care of you?
I think she already has at this point
6. What kind of people are you attracted to?
People who are social and intelligent
7. Do you think you’ll be in a relationship two months from now?
It’s pretty likely
8. Who from the opposite gender is on your mind?
9. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
10. Who was the last person you had a deep conversation with
11. What does the most recent text that you sent say?
"Well I’ll never blame you if you do :)"
12. What are your 5 favorite songs right now?
"Trouble" by Coldplay. "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX. "The World is our _" by This Will Destroy You.
13. Do you like it when people play with your hair?
14. Do you believe in luck and miracles?
Not especially no
15. What good thing happened this summer?
Good food, good alcohol, and good people
16. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
17. Do you think there is life on other planets?
There must be
18. Do you still talk to your first crush?
19. Do you like bubble baths?
20. Do you like your neighbors?
Yea, they’re nifty
21. What are you bad habits?
Not letting people know when I’m upset, Not living in the present, Turning in late work
22. Where would you like to travel?
Germany or Italy at this point
23. Do you have trust issues?
To an extent, yes
24. Favorite part of your daily routine?
Hitting the snooze button
25. What part of your body are you most uncomfortable with?
26. What do you do when you wake up?
Shower and Shave first thing
27. Do you wish your skin was lighter or darker?
I do wish I was a little tanner
28. Who are you most comfortable around?
Evan, without a doubt
29. Have any of your ex’s told you they regret breaking up?
No phone calls yet
30. Do you ever want to get married?
I definitely want to get married
31. If your hair long enough for a pony tail?
No, I generally keep it short
32. Which celebrities would you have a threesome with?
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler
33. Spell your name with your chin.
34. Do you play sports? What sports?
I study the martial arts. Does that count?
35. Would you rather live without TV or music?
36. Have you ever liked someone and never told them?
That has definitely happened
37. What do you say during awkward silences?
"Sorry, was that weird of me to say?"
38. Describe your dream girl/guy?
Hates the patriarchy, love good food and wine. Likes to go out and do new and exciting things. Someone who is brave and supportive.
39. What are your favorite stores to shop in?
Pacsun and ASOS
40. What do you want to do after high school
College then theatre
41. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
42. If your being extremely quiet what does it mean?
It means I’m thinking.